April is Earth Month, weirdly enough it is right on queue with everything going on. With so many people staying home there are less cars, buses, trains, planes, boats, and other transportation chuggin around, and self isolation has caused many cities, and in some cases entire nations, to become quiet. This has given the earth a unique opportunity to breathe and heal!
What the planet has going for it right now:
- Blue Skies in places like Los Angeles and New York
- There is Less Pollution, Far Less!- the lockdown wiped out 25 percent of China’s carbon emissions in its first month
- Clear water ways in the Venice canals
- Wild Animals are roaming freely in major city streets around the world.
We are personally stoked for this news because we have always done everything we can to help save the planet. SUGARED is excited to announce that we are recognized as an Eminence Organics Green Spa. That means that we are actively trying to reduce our environmental impact and inspire others to do more.
We do things like:
- Use power strips in treatment rooms and office areas and turn them off when equipment is not in use.
- Use reusable or biodegradable options whenever possible
- Have an in-spa recycling awareness program.
- Use natural, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning supplies instead of chemical-based products (when applicable)
- Use halogen, LED, CLF or low-voltage track lighting
- The list goes on and on
Body Sugaring is en-eco friendly alternative to waxing:
- It’s organic,made of sugar, lemon, and water. – unlike wax which is made of petroleum products and plastic
- It is biodegradable, its sugar! – Plastic can take up to 1000 years to decompose
- We don’t use sticks or strips. We don’t need them- with waxing you have to use a new stick every dip and go through countless strips.
We use Eminence Organic Skin Care!
- They grow their ingredients at Eminence Certified Organic Farm
- Use powered by solar and wind energy
- They don’t use tractors to decrease CO2 emissions
- No parabens, animal by-products, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals
- All packaging is recyclable
- The list goes on and on!
- AND……FOREST OF THE FUTURE!
In Honor of Earth Month
SUGARED is keeping a Tree Count for all of April!
Help us create a forest this month and receive a packet of indigenous wild flowers seeds donated by Local Roots.
For every tree you plant you are
entered to WIN
The Mother Earth Care Package
Do you need one more reason to help plant a forest?
Plant 2 Trees and Get a
Free Travel Sized Rosehip Triple C + E Firming Oil
Now go outside, hug a tree, and take a moment alone to watch, breathe, & listen to our Beautiful Planet!