We are now all supposed to wear protective face masks anytime we leave the house to stop the spread of COVID-19. Whether you’re wearing a homemade mask, a surgical mask, or an N95 mask I’m sure you have noticed some ill effects on your complexion.
Experts believe that the consistent breakouts are due to the pressure of the N95 masks pushing on the skin for long hours causing these problems. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), N95 masks are tight-fitting respirators that reduce the wearer’s exposure to at least 95 percent of airborne particles.
Orit Markowitz, a board-certified dermatologist at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, says to think of N95 masks as suction cups that completely cover your nose and mouth, in which no air is coming underneath where the opening is. “The fine capillaries that are providing oxygen, nutrients, and all the things it needs to be healthy [are collapsing],” she says. “In a way, you’re suffocating the skin, [so it] then starts to break down.”
Long-wear use also means inviting sweat underneath and around the mask, which can cause a bacterial or fungal infection. “You’re not supposed to touch the mask and you’re not supposed to touch your face,” Markowitz says. “So you’re not moving the masks around and the pressure is creating the problem. They’re wearing it for long periods of time, and they’re not changing it — because they can’t.”
But it gets worse…
We are supposed to be washing our faces like we are washing our hands. The reason why we are washing our hands so diligently is so we don’t transfer the virus to our face, eyes, nose, or mouth. Washing the skin to prevent COVID-19 is most effective when a sudsy lather is created, that is how the viral envelope is dissolved and killed. Unfortunately, soaps and cleansers that foam tend to be drying and irritating. This means already sensitized and irritated dry skin is being subjected to the wrath of the mask.
On top of all of this: STRESS! Everyone is stressed! Stress causes your body to produce cortisol, which tells your skin to make more oil. So a big burst of stress can cause a big burst of oil, AKA Cystic Acne, AKA big red painful blemishes! Stress can also aggravate psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema.
How Can We Treat “Mask Face”?
SUGARED is proud to announce our
Mask Face Essentials Kits
to help relieve some of these painful mask caused ailments!
Health Care Workers, first responders, grocery store clerks, delivery drivers, and other essential workers wear these masks all day long to keep our world and economy safe and moving.
Let’s say Thank You and help their
Buy a Mask Face Essentials Kit for yourself
& one will be given to a Face Mask Wearing Warrior!
Have someone in mind?
Email, message or text us their name, address and any kind words that you would like to include and it will be our little surprise for them!
Just want to send out the good vibes and appreciation?
We can place your gift for you.
Know 2 Face Mask Wearing Warrior?
You can gift them both!
Mask Face Essentials Kit – $95 for 2!
- Tea to relax your mind and body
- Pink Himalayan bath salt for a de-stressing full body or foot soak
- A headband to secure your hair
- Fan brush to apply product
- Mangosteen Resurfacing Cleanser to dissolve the viral envelope
- Stone Crop Gel Wash a gentle cleansing option on non-mask days
- Mangosteen Lactic Pro Peel 10% to dissolve acne causing dead skin cells
- Calm Skin Arnica Masque to soothe and reduce inflammation
- Clear Skin Probiotic Masque cools skin and eliminate blemishes
- Lavender Age Corrective Night Concentrate calms the senses
- Eight Greens Youth Serum fights stress cause breakouts
- Calm Skin Chamomile Moisturizer hydrates sensitive skin
- BIO Recovery Balm protects and treats chafing
- An Eminence Organics Eye Cream to relieve puffy eyes
- Mangosteen Replenishing Hand Cream, because we have all been washing our hands so much
- Instructions to walk you through the steps and how to use the products for each skin concern
- Eminence Fine Belgian Chocolate, because it just wouldn’t be the same without them
- Shipping or Contact Free Delivery Included!
Have you already purchased an @Home Facial Kit from us and want to skip the Eminence Headband and Fan Brush in your kit?
Use Promocode:HEADBAND at check out to save $5!
Your Face Mask Wearing Warrior Gift Kit will still include the Headband and fan brush.