Dating all the way back to the Egyptians, sugaring is the most gentle, long lasting treatment to eliminate unwanted hair from all areas of the body for men and women. Perfect for all skin types, hair textures and skin sensitivities. The sugar paste consists simply sugar, lemon juice, and water making it 100% natural and biodegradable. Sugaring exfoliates dead skin cells and removes the hair in its natural direction eliminating breakage and making ingrown hairs less likely to occur. This process is completely sanitary and never hot working with your body temperature to seep into hair follicles allowing hair extraction as short as 1/16 inch. Removal of hair at its early growth stage starts to eliminate the hair follicle leaving you smooth and hair free.
benefits of sugaring
pure and natural ingredients
extract very short hairs
not so hot
sugaring is very gentle
- Come to your appointment with clean dry skin, no lotions or oils.
- Hair needs to be 1/8 inch long. Typically 7-14 days after shaving.
- Please no shaving between appointments.
- Please avoid sun exposure 24 hours prior to and after your appointment.
- Gently exfoliate and hydrate your skin prior to your appointment. Treat your skin well! Especially after sugaring! Results are always much better when the skin has been gently exfoliated and hydrated prior to a sugaring appointment.
- If very sensitive please take a pain reliever or anti-inflammatory of your choice 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Plan! We can be more sensitive around our cycle.
- Let us know if you have been on any skin medications that could affect your sugaring appointment. These include but are not limited to Accutane, Alpha or Beta Hydroxy acids (glycolic, salicylic, ect.), Retin-A, or any skin thinning medications.
- If using any retinoids or other exfoliants stop one week before your facial sugaring appointment.
- Any sensitivities? Any shyness? Again, let us know! We’re here to make you feel welcome and comfortable. That’s a promise.
- Allergies? Let us know.
24-48 hours after your appointment
- No Tanning beds for 12 hours after service
- Don’t take a hot bath (showers are fine)
- Not hot tubs or shared water.
- Sexual intercourse should be avoided, friction can cause irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Don’t use lotions with harsh chemicals, perfumes, or dyes.
- Apply only gentle moisturizers
- Keep hands away from freshly sugared areas, this can encourage irritation.
- Use tea tree, lavender.
- Wear loose cotton undies.
After that… Exfoliate and Moisturize!
Hawley did my eyebrows & added henna to darken them up a bit. She did a great job and is such a sweet person. Loved talking to her throughout my appointment. Highly recommend!